The Vulture of Procrastination

,

Today was my day off. My precious day off. I had so many things to do, but like is often the case, I found myself entangled in the deadly web of procrastination. Yes, I did many things; but most, if not all of them, were counterproductive, needless, and delaying when it came to completing my planned tasks for the day.
I was robbed by procrastination. I robbed myself the opportunity to cultivate talents and abilities. I was robbed the emotion of accomplishment and success, and the peace of mind that comes with it. However, it was fun at the time. It is just as Christopher Parker said, "Procrastination is like a credit card: it's a lot of fun until you get the bill." Now I'm afraid to get the bill!

As I was pondering on the effects of procrastination, I was reminded of a common phrase used at home to point out that one is procrastinating. It would translate to "'Tomorrow I will make my house,' said the vulture." As I thought about it, I wondered whether it had any foundation in the real world or not. So after taking a couple of minutes to research the reproductive behaviors of vultures around the world (and being highly fascinated by these birds), I found out that the New World Vulture does not build nests, but lays its eggs on bare surfaces. I also learned that they are unaffected by the botulinum toxin, anthrax and cholera bacteria.
I highly doubt the fact that they don't build nests to be caused by patterns of procrastination, since there are no reported cases of overachieving vultures with nests.

We are the biggest obstacle in our lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment